Giving Aid and Comfort
Published: Sunday, 25 November 2012 15:49
Anyone who doubts that we are not in the midst of cyber warfare, they are not educated as to the current state of global affairs. The United States is under siege from nearly every corner of the virtual universe. The attacks are continuous. The intent clear. Read more here: http://blogs.csoonline.com/social-engineering/2316/giving-aid-and-comfort
Online OPSEC Assessment Services
Published: Monday, 23 January 2012 17:01
Most organizations do not monitor their Internet and Social Networking attack surface. Online postings across multiple protocols and web functions might allow your adversaries an opportunity to interpret or piece together critical information. Adversaries use multiple and overlapping collection efforts targeted against all sources of your organizational and employee information. Treadstone 71 offers assessment and remediation services that reduces your attack surface.
Read more ...
Published: Thursday, 12 January 2012 13:16
Treadstone 71 researches open source information, analyzes and delivers recommendations and opportunities for actionable intelligence. After several years of data collection and analysis focusing on cyber jihadist activities, Treadstone 71 has taken this proven methodology and turned it towards other targets. We perform open source media collection and analysis, content analysis of media disseminated by key foreign media outlets and extremist sites and, assessment and countering of foreign media and extremist propaganda.
Read more ...
Cyber Intelligence Tradecraft Certification
Published: Monday, 24 November 2014 21:16
Registration Information - Treadstone 71 Cyber Intelligence Tradecraft Certification
Cyber Intelligence Tradecraft Certification - SignupSignup
Read more ...
Cyber Intelligence Training Class
Published: Wednesday, 12 January 2011 00:01
Cyber Intelligence Training
This five-day course examines Sherman Kent’s Analytic Doctrine from the cyber perspective as well as the availability and use of OSINT tools. Students will be able to understand the cyber intelligence lifecycle, the role and value of cyber intelligence relative to online targeting and collection, in modern organizations, businesses, and governments at the completion of this course. In addition, students will understand the use methods of only anonymity, the fundamentals behind cyber intelligence collection and analysis and how these current methods can be employed in their organizations to assist in online operational security and in their defense against adversaries. The course is a combination of lecture, hands-on and student deliverables seen by many as an apprenticeship.
Upon completion of the course, each student will be able to:
- Identify the differences and intersections between open source data, open source information and open source intelligence
- Understand the role and value of cyber intelligence relative to online targeting and collection, in modern organizations, businesses, and governments at the completion of this course
- Understand the use of online anonymity
- Understand collection and analysis of online human intelligence, geospatial information, imagery intelligence, and cyber intelligence
- Understand the fundamentals behind cyber intelligence collection and analysis and how these current methods can be employed in their organizations for prevention
- Understand the basics of Analysis of Competing Hypotheses (ACH) tool and usage
- Gain the ability to use open source intelligence tools to target, collect, produce and analyze data points into actionable intelligence.
- Understand how to quickly examine the data for new targeting and potential immediate recommendations and/or opportunities
- Understand how to gather information based upon provided targets
- Understand how to use several OSINT tools for data collection
- Understand how to collect, product and analyze data that provides my organization with a valid view of its Cyber-OPSEC posture
- Understand what type of information my adversaries know about my organization and how students can use this to enhance organizational security postures and improve prevention through situational awareness
This class is for anyone wishing to learn about cyber intelligence concepts and methods using open source tools for operational security, infiltration, analysis, recommendations and opportunities presentations, that provide their organizations with an immediate understanding of their Internet attack surface. Students wishing to understand adversarial methods and concepts surrounding the virtual manifestation of the traditional intelligence tradecraft are urged to attend.
Treadstone 71 Head of Threat / Cyber Intelligence Services
Published: Tuesday, 15 March 2016 10:08
Treadstone 71 provides threat intelligence leadership service that is designed to assess and benchmark your organization's cyber intelligence program examining incident response, cybercrime, hunt groups, red/blue/purple teams, threat intelligence, leadership/stakeholder issues and needs, reporting, integration, and communication. The Interim Head of Threat Intelligence Service is customized and scaled based on the size of your organization and industry type. Treadstone 71 provides a structured approach used to measure and develop your intelligence direction. for organizations using internationally recognized information security standards.
NOTE: Sign up for Treadstone 71 Cyber Intelligence Tradecraft Certification training here: www.planetreg.com/T71IntelTraining
Part of the Treadstone 71 Force Multiplier Intelligence Advisory Services
Read more ...
Treadstone 71 Reporting and Briefs
Published: Friday, 19 February 2016 11:21
All the technology and all the technical staff does not an effective report make. Treadstone 71 Reporting and Briefs Service answers our clients and our client’s stakeholders key questions. We deliver new insights and further your understanding of the issues. Our services clearly and accurately present all forces and dynamics at play while articulating a clear line of analysis.
Read more ...
The Treadstone 71 Difference
Published: Sunday, 14 February 2016 14:25
We are nothing like competitors who are rooted in defensive posture actions with a pedigree in reverse engineering malware and providing defensive solutions for that malware. Most come from anti-virus and law enforcement
backgrounds where 'see, detect, and arrest' is their mantra. They offer technology solutions based upon this method of protection. Although they do provide information on adversaries, the information is based on the technology. Most are VC funded and need to sell product and do so as a lead requirement. Technology is not the solution only a tool. Treadstone 71 is profitable without VC overhead and have only your best interests at hand. We are not an MSSP. Treadstone 71 does not sell product. We are independent of technology companies and not beholden to venture capital overhead. We are not cyber carpetbaggers.
What Treadstone 71 provides is a full-spectrum solution that takes the information you provide in your SOC and incident response functions combining that with complete political, economic, social, technological, environmental, legislative, industrial, educational, and religious aspects of the adversary as well as adversary dossiers and organizational structures. What you receive from Treadstone 71 is detailed information and intelligence on your adversary that far surpasses the technical realm. Where Treadstone 71 service excels is in the ability to provide you with techniques, methods, capabilities, functions, strategies, and programs to not only build a fully functional intelligence capability, but a sustainable program rooted in stakeholder requirements and needs. Treadstone 71 is rooted in strong military and intelligence community backgrounds.
Sample areas of the Treadstone 71 difference:
- we help you improve your incident detection, prevention, and response developing feedback to improve your cyber defenses
- we assist you in using you threat intelligence to help automate security operations and remediation actions enhancing your operational tradecraft
- we guide you in the building of a centralized threat intelligence service that guides cybersecurity activities of other organizational units
- we drive efficiencies and effectiveness in risk management
- we operationalize your threat intelligence from little to no processes to mature procedures, standard operating procedures, and workflows
- we ensure integration between all things PESTELI +R+E+ and existing technologies in your SOC
- we ensure you understand how to define credibility and relevance of your threat intelligence feeds that leads to truly actionable intelligence
- we assist you in understanding your attack surface and online footprint from websites to social media to the darknet creating new opportunities for targeted intelligence collection
- we help identify, infiltrate, and track adversaries providing information where and when possible to prevent attacks
- we understand geopolitical factors that helps prepare your cyber environment for current and future contingencies
- we learn the priorities of your adversaries and help you define a more assertive cyber posture for your organization
- we tailor strategies and programs based upon your organizational needs and the needs of leadership
- we teach and embed cyber intelligence tradecraft in your organization that is lasting following structured techniques proven in the intelligence community
- we educate and drive situational awareness through table top exercises based upon proven military methods adopted for commercial organizations
- we identify adversary front companies, their means, motives, and targets
- we look at adversary’s skills, motivation, maliciousness, types of adversaries, level of automation and rate, informational impacts, targets, defensive measures, adversary course(s) of action, operational impact, line of business impact, and attack vectors
- we create and maintain a presence on their virtual soil using virtual HUMINT methods to help identify your attack surface, your digital footprint
- we know methods of collection, organization/production, structured analytic techniques, how to determine source credibility, communicate gaps and confidence levels, analyze using standard methods of inference, deductive and inductive reasoning, apply clear process for critical thinking, and deliver product in standard analytic writing methods that is clear and concise
- we have been penetrating adversary sites, forums and social media since 2004 using both active and passive methods of cyber engagement – we have been in business since 2002
- we listen
Read more ...